- KiwiSaver retirement savings made easy
- KiwiSaver is a voluntary, work based savings initiative with a range of benefits including:
- Member tax credit up to $521 per annum
- Compulsory employer contributions of 3% of your gross salary to match your contributions
- Savings withdrawal for your first home. Conditions apply
- First home deposit (now called First home Grant) $1,000 per year (purchase an existing home) $2,000 per year (new build)
- If you change jobs or leave the workforce, your KiwiSaver account can move with you
How KiwiSaver Works
- Employees can save now 3, 4, 6, 8 or 10% of their salary.
- Self-employed save an amount they choose
- You get your savings at age 65
- You choose your KiwiSaver provider and investment fund
- Your employer may have a preferred provider (discounted fees may apply for groups over 10 members)
- If not, Inland Revenue will choose a KiwiSaver provider and default fund for you
Your KiwiSaver scheme account should match your investor type to get the results you want. Choosing the right investment option is important as it can make a big difference in savings over the long term. Total Wealth can assist you with that choice and advice on the different funds available.